You've probably noticed: When Blizzard first invited you to test Karazhan on the beta server of WoW: Burning Crusade Classic, there were problems with the tuning of some bosses. In other words, some of the nasties had stats and mechanics that didn't exist in the original Burning Crusade until after some mitigations were implemented. As a result, the battles were pretty easy across the board. And yet the developers had promised pre-nerf bosses at BlizzCon!
Blizzard promised to improve things and allowed the beta testers to visit Karazhan again. And now, of course, the exciting question is: How hard is Karazhan with pre-nerf bosses? Well, not really harder. Whereas, there is one exception that might give many raid groups a headache. Here are the findings from the second Karazhan test:
- First of all: Yep, all bosses should have had the original stats and mechanics now.
- For example, when fighting Aran's Schemes, the Elementals now had significantly more health than in the first test. In addition, the Blizzard now took up significantly more space, making it harder to avoid. Furthermore, Aran now used his flame breath, which deals high damage to characters. Despite this, the combat was not perceived as hard by many groups. The damage of many raids was so high that you could even neglect interrupting spells without risking the boss's mana supply reaching dangerous zero before he went down.
- When fighting Moroes, it was still possible to simply pull Boss and Adds together and bomb away all enemies.
- In Nethergroll, there were some wipes because players didn't know the mechanics yet, and because the boss (thanks to a bug) sometimes attacked healers 40 meters away (!) with melee attacks, even though both tanks were at the top of the aggro. Without the bug and after all players had seen the ray mechanics live and in color, the dragon was then also quickly.
- The bottom line is that ten out of eleven bosses are still fairly easy and doable with two healers.
- The big exception is the Horror of the Night. In the original version, this one summons skeletons that only take physical or holy damage. If you only have warlocks, mages and co. (and no Stratholme Water) will have problems. In addition, the damage in general and in the intermediate stages in particular is significantly higher than the other bosses and so high that even experienced healer duos with the equipment from the beta had big problems keeping the raid alive.
- In other words, at this point it looks like you'll need a class setup for the Horror of the Night that is rather inefficient for the rest of the raid instance (three healers, more melee).
What's the score: Have any of you tried Karazhan last in the beta? What was your experience? Let us know in the comments!
Sources: Scottejaye, RedditSupportbuffed - it only takes a minute. Thanks!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Advertisement: Order World of Warcraft now on AmazonRead also these interesting stories 0
WoW: Deep Wind Shot - PvP Brawl starting August 18WoW PvP Brawl: Starting on August 18, we'll be heading into a special variant of the Deepwind Gulch battleground. Here is the news! 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs Poll on Phase 2 RaidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race will be rated in TBC Classic Phase 2. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints for Patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? Find from some dataminers raises hopes for patch 9.1.5. 01:48WoW
: Burning Crusade Classic: The Official Goosebumps Trailer World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favourite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website. 9