No matter how good or bad you think a WoW expansion is, there's always room for improvement. Of course, this is also true for WoW Shadowlands. Like BfA, Legion, and all previous addons, Shadowlands has some weaknesses that cause frustration here and there. For most players, however, the criticism rarely goes beyond "This is dumb" or "I don't like this." Realistic and thoughtful suggestions for improvement are few and far between. In a reddit thread, however, some players have now discussed how Shadowlands could be improved relatively easily and efficiently. The result is some suggestions for improvement, one of which Blizzard is already implementing for the upcoming ID. Therefore, one can hope that more will follow. Here are the most important suggestions:
- More Anima!
- Players not only want more sources for the important resource, but also more Anima from existing sources. Blizzard has already taken action here. Starting with the upcoming ID, you'll get more Anima from raid bosses and from mythic dungeons.
- Return of Valor Points
- There is significantly less loot in Shadowlands than before, which is how the developers intended it. This can lead to frustration when you go weeks without getting an upgrade for your gear. While the Great Treasury does help a bit, it also keeps giving you duplicate loot or items you don't like. As a result, many players are calling for a return of Valor Points or a similar earnable currency that lets you buy targeted items that you're still missing.
- Skipping the introductory quest
- One of the most common suggestions is to finally be able to skip the quest line that takes you into the Shadowlands. In the past, many such scenarios could be skipped. In the case of Shadowlands, this is particularly bitter, as this quest line is quite long and hardly challenging gameplay-wise. While the lore is interesting, everyone has already seen it, as long as you don't make that option possible until the Twink, similar to the Threads of Fate. Or you could just push the decision on the Threads of Fate before the quest line.
- Catch-Up Mechanics for Soul Ash
- WoW Shadowlands is much more twink-friendly than past expansions. That's not true in all places, though. For example, while there are catch-up mechanics for fame levels, there are none for soul ash. Twinks have to wait a long time and play a lot to finally be able to craft the Legendary of their choice. This is an area where the developers should improve.
- Revise/balance Legendarys
- The Legendary system is generally well received by players. However, the balancing is not really well done. Of course, it's also about the numbers. Some Legendarys are so much worse than others that they really need to be reworked. In addition, there are many legendary items whose effects would never be used because they make little to no sense. However, it's more than questionable if Blizzard is really reworking much here, or if they'd rather just tweak a few numbers.
- More cosmetic rewards from Torghast
- Torghast is a divisive issue. Some like the new feature, others don't. Since it's the only place where you can get soul ash, everyone still goes there more or less regularly. The players who like the Torghast feature, however, wish for more rewards. Because once you've done your Legendarys and the Winding Corridors, there's not a single reason to visit the tower. This is where most would like to see more cosmetic rewards, much like on the island expeditions. Valuable enough to make a visit worthwhile, but at the same time not so good that you feel obligated.
- Group browser for rated PvP
- Since loot from PvP in Shadowlands is very strong and also interesting for PvE players, many would like to have a way to get into rated PvP easily and simply - for example via a group browser. But it's hard to imagine Blizzard introducing something like that for rated PVP. Because that would blur the line between rated and unrated.
- Improve scaling of old raids
- Many players use the free time available thanks to less grind to hang around in old raids and go hunting for mounts or transmog sets there. However, the item squish has thrown a wrench in the works for some players. Because even the Legion raids (penultimate expansion) are not so easy to do solo. Here, many players want some kind of buff when they go solo in the old raids. But so far Blizzard has not done anything in this direction.
What other suggestions or thoughts do you have on how Shadowlands could be improved?
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Advertisement: Order World of Warcraft now on AmazonAlso read these interesting stories 0
WoW: Deep wind shot - PvP brawl from 18 AugustWoW PvP Brawl: Starting on August 18, we'll be heading into a special variant of the Deepwind Gulch battleground. Here is the news! 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs Poll on Phase 2 RaidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race will be rated in TBC Classic Phase 2. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints for Patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? Find from some dataminers raises hopes for patch 9.1.5. 01:47WoW
: Celebs blow the war horn to attract noobs World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Philipp Sattler
Is something missing from the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website. 15