With the Caller of the Dracthyr, WoW will get a new class in the upcoming expansion that is firmly tied to the Dracthyr race, which is available to both factions. Dressed in chain, the Caller aka Evoker relies on intelligence and takes on the role of a healer and ranged fighter who casts spells.
In an interview with breakflip, WoW's (buy now ) Production Director Patrick Dawson revealed that they are considering giving the Dracthyr Caller a third playstyle in the distant future and giving him the ability to tank. This would make the Caller a class that can perform all three roles, alongside the Monk, Paladin, and Druid. It would also be the first chain tank (no, we don't count Classic Shaman specs). Also read:15
WoW: Is Dragonflight just a Mists of Pandaria 2.0? Players draw comparisonDid you also think about WoW: Dragonflight, "Mhm ... alot of things remind me of a very specific extension of the WoW story ..."? 13
WoW Dragonflight: The upcoming expansion also relies on timegatingThe Blizzard developers apparently like the principle of timegating so much that they want to rely on it in WoW Dragonflight as well! 3
What actually happened to the MMORPG genre?Many MMORPG offshoots in recent years are increasingly making use of the feeling of relief to keep players on their toes.
Answers about allied races, 10-player raids and more.
But that wasn't the only interesting information breakflip squeezed out of the Production Director. Here are the most important points from the interview:
- There are no plans to implement more ally races with patch 10.0, the focus is on the Dracthyr for now.
- According to the developers, it's hard to bring the loot master back into the game, but they are seeing player feedback on it.
- Dragonflight's eight dungeons could be joined by a mega-dungeon (like Karazhan or Mechagon) at the end of the expansion.
- There will be no new professions with Dragonflight.
- The caller might get a tank spec in the distant future.
- The developers would love to implement Housing in WoW, but the technical hurdle is very big. Housing will not come with Dragonflight.
So if you plan to play the Dracthyr's Caller later, you can keep in mind that you could get a third spec later on and be even more versatile. Meanwhile, the community is wondering if other classes like the Demon Hunter could get another spec. How would you like to see a ranged spec for Demon Hunter? Write us in the comments.
source | icy-veins, breakflipTo the home page Jump to comments (11) Sebastian Glanzer