When patch 9.1 will hit the live servers of WoW in a few weeks, some classes will have to adjust to changes. Especially the class balancing is in the focus of the developers and so buffs and nerfs are distributed blithely to get the classes and playstyles at least halfway on one level. In the latest adjustments now active on the PTR for Patch 9.1, Holy Paladins in particular are getting the full brunt of the nerf - although the only adjustment to a healing spell is a buff. In exchange, however, the damage potential was massively cut and a current mandatory talent was weakened.
Aside from the paladins, though, a number of other classes got minor tweaks, and the developers made other changes and updates to the world in Patch 9.1. Below you can find the patch notes for the latest adjustments on the PTR - we have translated the most important parts for you.
World of Warcraft (buy now 14,99 € ) Version 9.1.0 PTR - Chains of Domination
- Demon Hunter
- Unnatural Malice now increases the damage-over-time effect of The Hunt (previously increased initial damage).
- Stellar Shift has been changed again - Star Rain's damage is increased by 50% and you can move within the effect area while casting. However, Stellar Rain has a cooldown of twelve seconds (previously 15 seconds).
- Light Bolt's healing has been increased by 20 percent.
- Light Infusion now makes Holy Light generate one point of Holy Power (previously 30 percent additional healing).
- Damage of all abilities has been reduced by eight percent.
- Ashen Consecration (Venthyr) damage reduced by an additional ten percent.
- Hammer of Wrath damage reduced by an additional ten percent.
- Judgement damage reduced by an additional ten percent.
- Crusader's Strike mana cost increased to eleven percent from nine percent.
- Crusader of Power has been adjusted. Crusader's Strike reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by one second (previously 1.5 seconds).
- Fixed a bug that caused increased damage from Sanctified Insight (Venthyr Medium).
- Symbol of Hope has been reworked - Boosts the morale of all allies within 40 yards, reducing the cooldown of a key defensive cooldown by 60 seconds and restoring 18 percent of missing mana over the course of five seconds (previously 12 seconds).
- The talent Extinction now also increases the damage of companions.
- The Visitation and Shadow Wrap talents now also increase companion damage.
- The talent Out of the Shadows now also increases pet damage.
- Demon Hunter
- Soul Ash
- The amount of Soul Ash you receive for your first successful Torghast run per week has been increased.
- Repeated completions of Torghast wings per week, on the other hand, give less Soul Ash.
- Soul Ash
In addition to these adjustments, there were plenty of announcements for new content that has now been implemented on the PTR - including the quest line introducing the new Mega Dungeon or new events, rare mobs, and quests in Korthia.
- Higher item level versions of most existing conduits can now be found in the world. The remaining conduits will be implemented in a later build.
DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
- New Megadungeon: Tazavesh, the Veiled Market
- The megadungeon introduction questline, "The Al'ley Cat of Oribos", starts at the Oribos innkeeper.
PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER
- Upgrading PvP items now relies on your best rating of the week (was current rating).
- PvP cloaks, necklaces, and crowd-control trinkets now appear less frequently in the Great Vault.
- PvP staves no longer appear in the Great Vault for Shaman.
- Repeat Arena Skirmish wins will now reward 3 Conquest (was 0).
- Death Knight
- New PvP Talent: Spellwarden.
- New PvP Talent: Death's Echo.
- Strangulate (PvP Talent) is now available to all Death Knight specializations (was Blood only) and range reduced to 15 yards (was 30 yards).
- Necrotic Aura (PvP Talent) is now only available to Unholy specialization (was all specializations).
- Decomposing Aura (PvP Talent) is now only available to Blood specialization (was Blood and Unholy specializations) and now affects enemies within 8 yards (was 10 yards).
- Cadaverous Pallor (PvP Talent) has been removed.
- Transfusion (PvP Talent) has been removed.
- Blood for Blood (PvP Talent) has been redesigned - Passive: Heart Strike now deals 60% increased damage, but also costs 3% of your maximum health to cast.
- Last Dance (PvP Talent) now reduces the duration of Dancing Rune Weapon by 25% (was 50%).
- New PvP Talent: Bitter Chill.
- Dead of Winter (PvP Talent) no longer reduces the radius of Remorseless Winter.
- Deathchill (PvP Talent) radius when applied by Remorseless Winter increased to 8 yards (was 5 yards).
- Delirium (PvP Talent) can now only be applied through Howling Blast (was also applied by Frost Strike), reduces cooldown recovery rate of movement abilities by 50% (was 25%) lasts 12 seconds (was 15 seconds) and no longer stacks (was stackable up to 2 times).
- New PvP Talent: Necrotic Wounds.
- New PvP Talent: Doomburst.
- Life and Death (PvP Talent) now heals you for 5% of the healing received by targets afflicted by your Virulent Plague (was 10% of the healing received by targets afflicted by your Festering Wound).
- Raise Abomination (PvP Talent) cooldown increased to 2 minutes (was 1.5 minutes).
- Necrotic Strike (PvP Talent) has been removed.
- New PvP Talent: Star Burst.
- Prickling Thorns (PvP Talent) has been removed.
- Control of Lava (PvP Talent) has been redesigned - Flame Shock's periodic damage occurs 15% faster. If Flame Shock is dispelled, a volcanic eruption wells up beneath the dispeller, exploding for Fire damage and knocking them into the air.
- New PvP Talent: Warbringer.
- Overwatch (PvP Talent) has been removed.
- New Runecarving Powers
- Priest has new powers available in the May 11 update.
- New Zone: Korthia
- Visitor Dailies
- New Visitor dailies added in the May 11 update.
- Visitor Dailies
- New: The Archivist's Codex - Discover more of Korthia's ancient secrets as you recover relics for the Reliquary of Remembrance that were lost in the wake of the mawsworn invasion.
- Players can begin The Archivist's Codex by rescuing Scholar Roh-Suir near the Seeker's Quorum.
- Recover relic fragments from treasures, bosses, and enemies to improve your reputation. More changes will be coming for this system in the following weeks.
- New rares and treasures to discover in Korthia and Desmotaeron.
- New rares and treasures added in the May 11 update.
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Read also these interesting stories 0
WoW: Deep Wind Shot - PvP Brawl starting August 18WoW PvP Brawl: Starting August 18, we'll be heading into a special variant of the Deepwind Gulch battleground. Here is the news! 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs Poll on Phase 2 RaidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race will be rated in TBC Classic Phase 2. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints for Patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? Find from some dataminers raises hopes for patch 9.1.5. From Philipp Sattler
Is something missing from the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website. 0