When it came to the realization of WoW Classic, you could always read #nochanges in discussions, i.e. the wish that the vanilla re-release comes as close as possible to the original. In the meantime, we have reached the final phase 6 of WoW Classic and can state that it was partly very good of the developers not to always strictly adhere to the #nochanges wish.
Here are a few examples:
- Hotfix for Black Lotus for more spawn locations and more frequent spawn times.
- Spell-batching was actually only adapted by the developers in 2014 in the original WoW (buy now 14,99 € ). In the Classic universe, however, the changes are already being tested on the PTR.
- In the course of Classic, there were some surprising but meaningful class changes for hunters or the improved weapon totems of shamans.
The #nochanges discussion will remain relevant with TBC Classic. There is already a lively discussion about one point, and we have a feeling that many of the commenting players would actually be in favor of a change here: it's about the dual talent distribution, which was actually only introduced with the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. That is, you can save two talent distributions and switch back and forth between them without having to pay the (increasing) cost of re-skilling each time.
cantbebanned explains in an extensive Reddit post why he is in favor of introducing the "Dual Spec":
- In TBC Classic, more players will want to do PvE (Raids and Dungeons) and PvP (Arena and Battlegrounds (good starter gear for PvE too)) in equal measure. The "dual spec" allows for that. Without the convenience feature, players will have to constantly look at when it's worth re-skilling for PvP between raid dates (or vice versa).
- Dual Spec in TBC Classic increases the chances that your teammates in PuG raid and dungeon runs will use a meaningful talent distribution rather than their default PvP spec for arenas and battlegrounds.
- Thanks to "Dual Spec," in TBC Classic, chances increase that your teammates will use a meaningful talent distribution in Arenas and Battlegrounds, rather than their default PvE spec for Raids and Dungeons.
- The increased flexibility increases the chances of finding teammates for all types of content around the clock who also have a viable skill set for it or can take on the role you're looking for.
- There will be many players in TBC Classic who do not have the gold to put 50 gold into re-skilling several times a week. They will then approach certain areas of the game with inefficient skills or stay away from this content - which in doubt then also negatively affects the players who can re-skill at any time.
- On many private TBC servers, "Dual Spec" was made available at some point because the lack of this flexibility was having too negative an effect on finding teammates for PvP and PvE.
What's your take? Should Blizzard offer dual talent distribution for TBC Classic or would the developers go too far with it? Tell us your opinion in the comments!Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos, and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go, and other favorite games from us. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed free of charge in the future in the form we're used to.
That's why we're turning to you now. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content free of charge in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute.Support now
We thank you in advance. Also read these interesting stories 0
WoW: Deep wind shot - PvP brawl from 18 AugustWoW PvP Brawl: Starting on August 18, a special variant of the Deepwind Gulch battleground will be available. Here's the news! 0
WoW TBC Classic: SSC and/or TK? Warcraftlogs poll on Phase 2 raidsOn Warcraftlogs, you can currently have your say on exactly how the World First race in TBC Classic Phase 2 will be rated. 3
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints for patch 9.1.5 discoveredIs WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? The finding of some dataminers gives hope for patch 9.1.5. 02:46WoW
: Retro Trailer - Cinematic for The Burning Crusade World of Warcraft from€14.99 From Karsten Scholz
Karsten has been writing about his favorite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed. Is something missing in the article? to the home page The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 29