The Lich King, the Scourge, and the Plague - these game elements from Wrath of the Lich King are the perfect template for a macabre board game centered on Pandemic. The concept of the said board game has been around for a few years and was created long before the Covid-19 outbreak. In Pandemic, players pursue the goal of preventing the plague from breaking out in the world.
Stop the Lich King and the plague!
This game concept is made for a board game from the Warcraft universe. So at the beginning of this year, Z-Man Games and Blizzard teamed up to release a "World of Warcraft" board game based on the Pandemic rulebook. In the WoW spinoff, however, players won't be fighting just any virus, but rather the legendary Scourge plague unleashed across Azeroth by the Lich King in Wrath of the Lich King.01:26
WoW: Wrath of the Lich King - Trailer for the new pandemic board game Source: Blizzard Source: Blizzard
The wait is now over! WoW: Wrath of the Lich King - A Pandemic System Board Game is now celebrating its release and you can order the game for about 60 USD at Z-Man Games and Blizzards Gear Store. On the official WoW site Blizzard introduces the board game in the blog in the following message:
In the Wrath of the Lich King board game, players control one of Azeroth's heroes and fight their way through the Scourge to reach the throne of fallen Prince Arthas, now feared throughout Azeroth as the terrifying Lich King. Adventure across the frozen continent of Northrend, take on quests, battle monstrous entities, and more to retake Azeroth from the Lich King.
World of Warcraft (buy now 14,99 € )Wrath of the Lich King - A Pandemic System Board Game includes:
- The Pandemic system with familiar mechanics and gameplay, now tweaked to embrace the World of Warcraft universe.
- An extra-large game board featuring forts, temples, battlegrounds and iconic locations native to Azeroth.
- Legendary World of Warcraft characters with detailed and sculpted plastic figures, including Thrall, the Warchief of the Horde; Varian Wrynn, King of Stormwind; and Sylvanas Windrunner, Banshee Queen of the Forsaken.
- Quests, a brand-new mechanic to Pandemic that sees players adventuring across Northrend to battle monstrous entities, destroy evil relics, and more.
- Hero Cards that give players an edge against their enemies in the form of equipment for more attack power during combat, special mounts that allow players to move more spaces on their turn, healing potions to restore hit points, and much more.
To learn more about World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King - A Pandemic System Board Game, Pandemic, and Z-man games, go to www.zmangames.com.
Have you been eagerly awaiting the WotLK board game? Will you order the game? Write us about it!Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
Do you like buffed? Then you can support us as a buffed supporter so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall.
Every amount, big or small, is valuable.
We thank you.Also read these interesting stories 0
WoW: Darkmoon Faire - how to make "good" into "betterThe Dark Moon Faire is great, but should be spruced up. We look at how to improve Silas Darkmoon's sinister WoW amusement park. 6
WoW: The most expensive pets in the game - from TCG to ingame storeHalf a million gold for a pet in WoW? Yes, it exists! Here, we introduce you to the ten most expensive pets! 9
WoW: If I could wish for a city in WoW, it would be ...A thought experiment: If you could wish for a city in WoW, what style would it be? The Hozen style? The Jinyu? The Vulpin? 00:30WoW
TBC Classic: The release trailer for Lords of Outland is here! From Tanja Barth
Big Blizzard and Warhammer fan and also likes to dive into the countless background stories to different game worlds. Is something missing in the article? to the home page to the gallery The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website. 0